Present: W Brett Christiansen, Sandy Saltzstein, Doug Armstrong, Pam Woodard, Kristin Bencik, Anne Kearney, John Thomsen, Shawn Yde, Maria Kucharski, Stacy Gahan.
Absent (excused) Kristin Yunker
The agenda with supporting documents can be found here.
Call to order at 7:00pm.
An approved personnel report with news of retirement for Jim Loebl, Sharon Mergener, and Hannah Mwai, and the hires of Lisa Alsch, Sarah Tuttle and Sara Suesskind.
Board also approved:
- Ch 220 Interdistrict Agreement
- 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 Calendars found here: 2018-19 and 2019-20
- Tentative 2017-18 Budget for Publication- Shawn Yde made clear that numbers might change once the state budget has been completed. Likely July.
- The Education for Employment Report Including Academic Career Planning.Board
- and authorized Administrator Contracts for 2017-19. All current administrator contracts renewed. Board members expressed thanks to the administration team.
In the biennial budget update discussion, Shawn Yde reported:
- Senate prefers Governor’s proposed budget of $200 (year 1)/$204 (year 2)
- Assembly proposed $150/$200 and raising lowest funded districts revenue cap, added in funds for special circumstances such as consolidation in union districts. Increase to the open enrollment per pupil amount from $6748 to Independent charters to $8,800. Special needs scholarship program for open enrollment change $12000/pupil to actual full cost for each and every individual student. Remove some of the caps in charters. Assembly proposal also withdrew the contingency of 12% health care paid by teachers.
- Governor has indicated he will not approve a tax increase.
Meeting Adjourned 7:54
A full transcript of AFE board member’s reports may be found here.